MENA ICT Forum 2010 First Day Highlightsgeneral . MENA_ICT Since 8 years and 2 months 8188 0
MENA ICT Forum 2010 first day was well organized, massive and stuffed with lots of amazing events, high-tech information was all over the air waiting for audience to grab and get inspired by.
Starting by a classy warming up with Scott Schuster at the opening session with remarkable keynote speakers, Werner Vogels CTO of Amazon, and Stanislas de Bentzmann CEO of Devoteam Group, passing through exciting sessions on MNCs in the Region; Sharing Experiences, Celebrating 10-10-10 with his Majesty King Abdullah II, MENA Ecosystem, Entrepreneurship & Start-ups, MENA ECO System: Education, and Reality and the Cloud Computing Part I and II, by great panel speakers lining up to share their experience and answer all questions.
Quick quotes from the sessions:
- His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein approaching Jordan ICT sector members: "There is a lot of potential; lead the way".
- Mr. Werner Vogels: "some benefits of cloud computing: lowers cost and increases agility", question on security: "cloud will help u achieve better security practices".
- HRH Princess Sumaya Bin Hassan: "we are not behind, in terms of innovations, startups and ICT sector".
- Mr. Habib Haddad: "Advertising Networks in Middle East are still broken" .. "lets not build the next twitter, we should focus on e-commerce services".
- Mr. Maher Qaddoura: "perform as you transform" .. "arabs are anti-institutions".
- Mr. Sachin Duggal: "No one can own a cloud, it's an EcoSystem where everyone works together as one happy family"
- Mr. Walid Tahabsem: "Technology is a tool for everyone, not only for students but for teachers and administrators, that's how it becomes an effective tool".
While the most remarkable moments, as all agreed, were the royal presence of His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein at MENA ICT Forum, supporting - not only by words - the ICT sector in Jordan and region to inspire and motivate all for a glorious ICT future.
Networking, which is one of the most important parts of such forums, was at its highest levels, bringing Global ICT Giants and Leaders from all over the world with entrepreneurs, along with ICT managers and employees, beside techie geeks from MENA region to network all together on MENA ICT related topics and build professional relations to enhance the future of ICT sector in region.
Overall; MENA ICT Forum 2010 first day which included King Abdullah II presence, sessions by Global ICT Leaders, lunch, gala dinner, business park tour and networking were all prestigious and promising.